Glenn Miller is a compilation album of phonograph records released posthumously by bandleader Glenn Miller and His Orchestra. Released in 1945 on RCA Victor as a part of the Victor Musical Smart Set series, described on the front cover as "An Album of Outstanding Arrangements on Victor Records", the set was number one for a total of 16 weeks on the newly created Billboard album charts. The album, also known under the title Glenn Miller and His Orchestra, was certified Gold in July 1968 by the RIAA.
Between 1938 and 1944, Glenn Miller and His Orchestra released 266 singles on the monaural ten-inch shellac 78 rpm format. Their studio output comprised a variety of musical styles inside of the Swing genre, including ballads, band chants, dance instrumentals, novelty tracks, songs adapted from motion pictures, and, as the Second World War approached, patriotic music.
1945 – ‘Glenn Miller’, an album of 78 rpm records, topped the newly instituted album charts and became the most successful album of the year. 1947 – ‘Glenn Miller Masterpieces, Vol. 2? topped the album charts. 1954 – Miller was the subject of a partly fictionalized film biography, The Glenn Miller Story, starring James Stewart. 2003 – Miller posthumously received the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. A band ought to have a sound all of its own. It ought to have a personality. Alton Glenn Miller was born in Clarinda, Iowa on March 1, 1904.
Managed by CMG Worldwide, authorized representative of the Glenn Miller Estate.
75 Glenn Miller Masterpieces - Студийный альбом от Glenn Miller Orchestra. В альбом вошло 42 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 02:13:33. 6. Glenn Miller Orchestra. 7. It Must Be Jelly ('Cause Jam Don't Shake Like That). 8. Sweet and Low. 01:30. 9. Medley: Goodnight, Sweetheart, I'm Stepping Out With a Memory Tonight, When My Baby Smiles at Me /. 05:47. 10. 11. Medley: Some of These Days, Memphis Blues. 12. Medley: If I Had My Way, All the Things You Are, Oh, Johnny! Oh! /
Glenn Miller (2004) - download the album and listen online. On this page you can listen to the album, get information about the album, see the list of songs and much more. Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: Glenn Miller (2004).
This 13-CD set (which is enclosed in an attractive and compact black box) completely reissues the contents of the nine double-LP series of the same name, all 277 studio recordings (including 20 alternate takes placed on the 13th disc) that were made by Glenn Miller's extremely popular orchestra
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||–Glenn Miller And His Orchestra||In The Mood
Written-By – Razaf*, Joe Garland
|A2||–Glenn Miller And His Orchestra||A String Of Pearls
Written By – De LangeWritten-By – Gray*
|B1||–Glenn Miller And His Orchestra||Moonlight Serenade
Written-By – Glenn Miller, Parish*
|B2||–Glenn Miller And His Orchestra||Sunrise Serenade
Written-By – Carle*
- Published By – Peter Maurice
- Published By – Bradbury Wood
- Published By – France Melodie
- Published By – Robbins
- Published By – Darewski Music
- Bass – Doc Goldberg (tracks: A2), Rowland Bundock* (tracks: A1, B1, B2)
- Drums – Frank Carlson (tracks: B1), Maurice Purtill (tracks: A1, A2, B2)
- Guitar – Allan Reuss (tracks: B1, B2), Bobby Hackett (tracks: A2), Richard Fisher (tracks: A1)
- Lacquer Cut By – C
- Liner Notes – Vic Bellerby
- Piano – J.C. MacGregor* (tracks: A1 to B2)
- Saxophone – Al Klink (tracks: A1 to B2), Babe Russin (tracks: A2), Ernie Caceres (tracks: A2), Hal McKintyre* (tracks: A1, B1, B2), Harold Tennyson (tracks: A1), Stanley Aaronson (tracks: B1, B2), Tex Beneke (tracks: A1 to B2), Wilbur Schwartz (tracks: A1 to B2)
- Trombone – Al Mastren (tracks: A1, B1, B2), Frank D'Annolfo (tracks: A2), Glenn Miller (tracks: A1 to B2), Jim Priddy* (tracks: A2), Paul Tanner (tracks: A1 to B2)
- Trumpet – Alec Fila (tracks: A2), Billy May (tracks: A2), Clyde Hurley (tracks: A1), R.D. McMickle* (tracks: A1 to B2), John Best (tracks: A2), Lee Knowles* (tracks: A1, B1, B2), Walter Price (tracks: B1, B2)
NotesA1: New York, August 1st 1939 (Peter Maurice)
A2: New York, November 3rd 1941 (Bradbury Wood)
B1: New York, April 4th 1939 (Robbins)
B2: New York, April 10th 1939 ( Darewski Music)
RCX-1003, EPA-5032, & RCA RCX-1003, - from the EP sleeve
RCX 1003, - from the labels.
Another UK release with a different label and label layout is here Glenn Miller - Glenn Miller.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 label): J2PH-0835
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 label): J2PH-0836
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 runout, stamped): J2PH-0835-1C ET MH
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 runout, stamped): J2PH-0836-1C BCH
- Rights Society: BIEM/NCB
- Other (Sleeve): EPA-5032
- Other: McN8.61®
- Other (Side 1 label): E/T
- Other (Side 2 label): E/T
|RCX-1003||Glenn Miller||Glenn Miller (7", EP, Mono)||RCA Victor||RCX-1003||UK||1958|
|RCX-1003, RCA RCX-1033, RCX 1003||Glenn Miller||Glenn Miller (7", EP, Mono, TRI)||RCA, RCA, RCA||RCX-1003, RCA RCX-1033, RCX 1003||UK||Unknown|
|EPA-5032, EPA 5032||Glenn Miller And His Orchestra||Glenn Miller (7", EP)||RCA, RCA||EPA-5032, EPA 5032||US||1958|
|EPA-5032, EPA 5032||Glenn Miller And His Orchestra||Glenn Miller (7", EP, Red)||RCA, RCA||EPA-5032, EPA 5032||US||1958|
|EPA-5032||Glenn Miller||Glenn Miller (7", EP)||RCA||EPA-5032||Germany||1958|
|1||In The Mood|
|3||Chattanooga Choo Choo|
|8||Over The Rainbow|
|9||I Got A Gal In Kalmazoo|
|10||Little Brown Jug|
|12||Jeep Jockey Jump|