The Manhattans is the seventh studio album by American vocal group, The Manhattans, released in 1976 through Columbia Records. This album has been Certified Gold by the . The album peaked at No. 6 on the R&B albums chart. It also reached No. 16 on the Billboard 200. The album features the singles "Kiss and Say Goodbye", which peaked at No. 1 on the Hot Soul Singles chart and the Billboard Hot 100, and "Hurt", which reached No. 10 on the Hot Soul Singles chart and No. 97 on the Billboard Hot 100.
The Manhattans - Shining Star ft. Gerald Alston, Blue Lovett (Official Music Video). The Manhattans - Forever By Your Side - tradução. The Manhattans - There's No Me Without You (Audio). The manhattans of sonny bivins.
After Midnight (The Manhattans album). After Midnight is the eleventh studio album by American vocal group, The Manhattans, released in 1980 through Columbia Records. 4 on the R&B albums chart. 24 on the Billboard 200. The album features the singles "Shining Star", which peaked at No. 4 on the Hot Soul Singles chart and No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100, and "Girl of My Dream", which reached No. 30 on the Hot Soul Singles chart.
The Manhattans (album). The Manhattans is the self-titled album by R&B vocal group The Manhattans, released in 1976 on the Columbia label. The Manhattans was the group's third Columbia album; the previous two (There's No Me Without You and That's How Much I Love You) had sold respectably to the R&B market, but failed to garner any significant crossover attention. The Manhattans however went on to become commercially the most successful album of the group's career, peaking at on the Billboard 200 and on the R&B listings.
referencing The Manhattans, LP, Album, KC 33820. If you looking for sweetness, sadness, sophisticated Philly soul : i believe this LP will satisfy you. kiss and say goodbye.
Listen to music from The Manhattans like Kiss and Say Goodbye, Shining Star & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from The Manhattans. They first formed as the Manhattans, circa 1963, and hit the charts on Carnival Records in the mid 60's, maintaining chart popularity well into the the 1980's when their hit "Shining Star" topped the charts. THE MANHATTANS were originally: Winfred "Blue" Lovett, Richard Taylor, Kenny Kelley, George "Smitty" Smith and Sonny Bivins.
The six-man R&B vocal combo the Manhattans deliver one of their finest efforts on this eponymously titled release from 1976. The platter is highlighted by the chart-topping crossover pop hit "Kiss and Say Goodbye," which helped push the album into the Top 20. Under the direction of Philly groove master Bobby Martin, the group utilizes its streetwise doo wop delivery on a mixed bag of sounds.
Excerpt from "An Interview Special with the Manhattans". 13 Songs, 44 Minutes. Released: 31 Dec 1975. Gerald Alston & Blue Lovett). See All. A Quiet Storm (Remastered).
The Manhattans (Expanded Version), 2003. The Manhattans (Expanded Version), 2003.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Searching For Love
Written-By – A. Felder*, B. Gray*, M. Farrow*
|A2||We'll Have Forever To Love
Written-By – E. Bivins*
|A3||Take It Or Leave It
Written-By – B. Weisman*, E. Sands*, R. Germinaro*
Written-By – C. Stepney*, M. White*, P. Bailey*
|A5||How Can Anything So Good Be So Bad For You?
Written-By – W. Lovett*
Written-By – A. Jacobs*, J. Crane*
|B2||Wonderful World Of Love
Written-By – R. S. Riley, Sr.*
|B3||If You're Ever Gonna Love Me
Written-By – F. Johnson*
|B4||La La La Wish Upon A Star
Written-By – R. Joyce*, T. Randazzo*, V. Pike*
|B5||Kiss And Say Goodbye
Written-By – W. Lovett*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Recorded At – Sigma Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Columbia Recording Studios
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Santa Maria
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Published By – Mighty Three Music
- Published By – Golden Fleece Music
- Published By – Rose Tree Music
- Published By – Nattahnam Music
- Published By – Blackwood Music Inc.
- Published By – Big Cigar Music Co.
- Published By – Blen Music
- Published By – Common Good Music Co.
- Published By – Pocketful Of Tunes, Inc.
- Published By – Every Little Tune
- Published By – Touch Of Gold Music, Inc.
- Published By – American Dream Music Co.
- Published By – Saggiflame Music
- Published By – Miller Music Corp.
- Published By – Doughboy Music
- Published By – Stone Diamond Music Corp.
- Published By – Razzle Dazzle Music, Inc
- Arranged By, Conductor – Bert DeCoteaux
- Design – John Berg, Marie de Oro
- Engineer [Columbia Recording Studios] – Don Meehan
- Engineer [Sigma Sound Studios] – Kenny Present
- Photography By – Shig Ikeda
- Producer – Bert DeCoteaux (tracks: A4, A5, B4), Bobby Martin, Manhattans Productions, Inc.
NotesPromo copy. White label with black print, states DEMONSTRATION NOT FOR SALE.
Columbia, Santa Maria pressing, denoted by "S |" etch in runouts. Likely pressed from stampers supplied by Columbia, Pitman plant.
Issued in same sleeve as the commercial LP, with radio timing strip on front cover.
℗ 1975, 1976 CBS Inc.
© 1976, CBS Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix Side A, On Label): AL 33820
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix Side B, On Label): BL 33820
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A, Stamped ("S | A1" Etched)): P AL 33820-1H S | A1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B, Stamped ("S | A6" Etched)): BL 33820-1D S | A6
- Rights Society (A3, A4, B1): ASCAP
- Rights Society (A1 to A3, A5, B2 to B5): BMI
|PC 33820||The Manhattans*||The Manhattans (LP, Album)||Columbia||PC 33820||US||1976|
|SBP 234861, PC 33820||The Manhattans*||The Manhattans (LP, Album)||CBS, CBS||SBP 234861, PC 33820||New Zealand||1976|
|MHCP 2008||The Manhattans*||The Manhattans (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Sony Records Int'l, Philadelphia International Records||MHCP 2008||Japan||2003|
|CBS 81513||The Manhattans*||The Manhattans (LP, Album)||CBS||CBS 81513||Europe||1976|
|MHCP 2008||The Manhattans*||The Manhattans (CD, Album, Promo, RE, RM)||Sony Records Int'l, Philadelphia International Records||MHCP 2008||Japan||2003|