Death to the Pixies was the first Pixies best-of compilation, released by 4AD in the UK on October 6, 1997 and 4AD/Elektra the following day in the United States to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the band's debut. It covered the years 1987 to 1991. It is now out of print, having been replaced by the 2004 compilation Wave of Mutilation: Best of Pixies
Released October 6, 1997. Death to the Pixies Tracklist. 1. Cecilia Ann Lyrics.
Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: Death To The Pixies (1997).
Features Song Lyrics for Pixies's Death to the Pixies album.
The Pixies' catalog was remarkably consistent, which means that most won't agree with all the 17 selections that comprise the first disc of this retrospective, since there are so many strong songs on their records. While most of the usual suspects are here - "Debaser," "Here Comes Your Man," "Bone Machine," "Gigantic," "Where Is My Mind?," "Velouria," "Nimrod's Son," "Wave of Mutilation," "Monkey Gone to Heaven" - many of the selections appear to have been made at random.
Management – Ken Goes. Mastered By – Don Tyler. Track 13 taken from the EP Gigantic released August 1988. Tracks 3, 4, 5, 6, 16 & 17 taken from the album Doolittle released April 1989. Tracks 1, 7 & 15 from the album Bossanova released August 1990. Tracks 2 & 11 taken from the album Trompe Le Monde released September 1991.
Here Comes Your Man. Pixies.
|A2||Planet Of Sound|
|A4||Here Comes Your Man|
|A6||Wave Of Mutilation|
|A7||Dig For Fire|
|B4||Where Is My Mind?|
|B7||Monkey Gone To Heaven|
- Licensed From – 4AD
- Published By – Rice And Beans Music
- Mastered At – Precision Mastering
- Manufactured By – Dyna Products, Inc.
- Distributed By – Universal Records
- Art Direction, Design – Vaughan Oliver
- Bass Guitar, Vocals – Kim Deal
- Compiled By – Chris Staley
- Design – Timothy O'Donnell
- Drums – David Lovering*
- Lead Guitar – Joey Santiago
- Management – Ken Goes
- Mastered By – Don Tyler*
- Photography By – Kevin Westenberg, Nicola Schwartz
- Producer – Gary Smith (tracks: A1-A8 to A10), Gil Norton (tracks: A1 to A7, B1, B3, B5 to B7)
- Vocals, Guitar – Black Francis
- Written-By – Black Francis (tracks: A2 to B7), Mrs. John Murphy (tracks: B3), The Surftones (tracks: A1)
NotesManufactured and distributed in the Philippines.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: PARI
|DAD 7011 CD||Pixies||Death To The Pixies (CD, Comp)||4AD||DAD 7011 CD||UK||1997|
|DAD 7011 CD||Pixies||Death To The Pixies (CD, Comp, RP)||4AD||DAD 7011 CD||Europe||Unknown|
|EVERCD045||Pixies||Death To The Pixies (CD, Comp)||Everlasting Records , 4AD||EVERCD045||Spain||1997|
|DAD C 7011||Pixies||Death To The Pixies (Cass, Comp)||4AD||DAD C 7011||UK||1997|
|DAD 7011 CD||Pixies||Death To The Pixies (CD, Comp, Promo)||4AD||DAD 7011 CD||UK||1997|