Beat is the ninth studio album by the British rock band King Crimson, released in 1982 by record label . It is the first King Crimson studio album to feature a band line-up identical to that of their previous album. According to the Trouser Press Record Guide, the album focused on the twenty-fifth anniversary of the publication of the novel On the Road by Jack Kerouac.
Beat (King Crimson album). Beat is the ninth studio album by the British rock band King Crimson, released in 1982 by record label . The album makes several references to the writings of the Beat Generation: "Neal and Jack and Me" is the track most obviously inspired by Beat writers. The 'Jack' of the title is Beat writer Jack Kerouac, while 'Neal' is Kerouac's best friend Neal Cassady.
Beat is the ninth studio album by the British rock band King Crimson, released in 1982 by record label .
Beat is not as good as its predecessor (1981's Discipline), but it's not too shabby, either. The '80s version of King Crimson (Robert Fripp, guitar; Adrian Belew, vocals/guitar; Tony Levin, bass; and Bill Bruford, drums) retains the then-modern new wave sound introduced on Discipline. The band's performances are still inspired, but the songwriting isn't as catchy or strong.
EGLP 51. King Crimson. EG. EGLP 51. UK. 1982. Beat (Cass, Album, Club).
Fripp considered the first album.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Neal And Jack And Me||4:22|
|3||Sartori In Tangier||3:34|
Lyrics By – Margaret Belew
- Remastered At – Sanctuary Mastering
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Robert Fripp
- Copyright (c) – Robert Fripp
- Licensed To – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Published By – BMG Music Publishing Ltd.
- Glass Mastered At – EMI Uden
- Pressed By – EMI Uden
- Artwork [Discipline Logo] – Steve Ball
- Chapman Stick [Stick], Bass, Vocals [Support] – Tony Levin
- Design [Additional Design] – Hugh O'Donnell
- Design [Cover Design] – Rob O'Connor
- Drums [Drumming] – Bill Bruford
- Guitar, Lead Vocals – Adrian Belew
- Guitar, Organ, Electronics [Frippertronics] – Robert Fripp
- Lyrics By – Adrian Belew
- Management – Patrick Spinks
- Music By – King Crimson
- Other [Equipment] – Graham Davies
- Other [Social Services] – Tex Read
- Photography By – Gerhard Hartmaier, Tony Levin, William Coupon
- Producer – Rhett Davies
- Remastered By – Robert Fripp, Simon Heyworth
Notes30th Anniversary Edition HDCD re-release in standard jewel case with 12 page booklet. 24 bit remaster at Sanctuary Mastering, January 9-12, 2001. Originally released 1982.
All songs © BMG Music Publishing Ltd 1982.
℗ & ©1982 Robert Fripp. Exclusively licensed to Virgin Records Ltd. The copyright of this recording is owned by Robert Fripp, exclusively licensed to Virgin Records Ltd. This label copy information is the subject of copyright protection. All rights reserved. © 2001 Virgin Records Ltd.
"Printed in the EU" (back). "Made in the EU" (disc).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 724384406721
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): EMI uDEN 8101162 @ 3 1-2-1-NL
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L045
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 1532
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): EMI uDEN 8101162 @ 3 1-2-2-NL
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L046
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): ifpi 1511
- Label Code: LC 03098
- Price Code: F: PM
|EGLP 51||King Crimson||Beat (LP, Album)||EG||EGLP 51||UK||1982|
|IEZP-109||King Crimson||Beat (Box, RM, Car + CD, Album, RE, UHQ + DVD-V, Album, )||Wowow Entertainment, Inc., Discipline Global Mobile||IEZP-109||Japan||2016|
|23692-1, 1-23692||King Crimson||Beat (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||23692-1, 1-23692||US||1982|
|EGCD 51, 0777 7 86863 2 3||King Crimson||Beat (CD, Album, RE)||Virgin, Virgin||EGCD 51, 0777 7 86863 2 3||UK & Europe||1992|
|32VD-1088||King Crimson||Beat (CD, Album)||EG||32VD-1088||Japan||1987|