quinoxe (English: Equinox) is the fourth studio album by French electronic musician and composer Jean-Michel Jarre, released in December 1978 on the Disques Dreyfus record label, with license to Polydor. Jarre had developed his sound, employing more dynamic and rhythmic elements, particularly a greater use of sequencing on basslines. Much of this was achieved using custom equipment developed by his collaborator Michel Geiss.
Like its predecessor, Equinoxe is widely regarded as a classic within electronic music, which to date has sold around ten million copies. Stylistically Jarre carries on the underlying concept of Oxygene, creating a dreamlike musical universe built around melodic passages and futuristic sound experiments.
Album · 1977 · 3 Songs. Jarre doubles down on the approach of his previous classic, Oxygène: The tunes are more intensely rhythmic, the synth lines even richer and more atmospheric and the graceful melodic structures recall the symphonic flow of Jarre's famed film-composer father, Maurice. Equinoxe Jean-Michel Jarre.
Jean-Michel Jarre Equinoxe 3 (Heavy Metal Version). play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw).
Jean-Michel Jarre has announced that he’ll release a new album later this year. It’s titled Equinoxe Infinity and is the sequel to Jarre’s 1978 album Equinoxe. It’s set to arrive on November 16 – almost 40 years to the day since the original album launched. The cover was designed by Filip Hodas, which puts a fresh spin on the original cover artwork.
|A1||Equinoxe Part 1||2:15|
|A2||Equinoxe Part 2||5:10|
|A3||Equinoxe Part 3||5:35|
|A4||Equinoxe Part 4||7:30|
|B1||Equinoxe Part 5||3:50|
|B2||Equinoxe Part 6||3:30|
|B3||Equinoxe Part 7||8:10|
|B4||Equinoxe Part 8||5:00|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Disques Dreyfus
- Published By – Francis Dreyfus Music
- Recorded At – Jean-Michel Jarre Private Studio
- Mixed At – Studio Gang
- Manufactured By – Polydor K.K.
- Composed By, Producer, Synthesizer [2600 ARP, AKS, VCS 3, Yamaha Polyphonic, Oberheim Polyphonic, RMI Harmonic, Korg Polyphonic Ensemble], Keyboards [RMI Keyboard Computer], Drum Machine [Rhythmicomputer], Organ [Elka 707, Eminent], Mellotron, Sequencer [ARP Sequencer, Oberheim Digital Sequencer, Matrisequencer 250], Vocoder [E.M.S.] – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Cover [Front] – Michel Granger
- Engineer [Mixing] – Jean-Pierre Janiaud
- Engineer [Mixing] [Assisted By] – Patrick Foulon
- Liner Notes [Insert] – Bin Teramura
- Musical Assistance [Help], Technician [Development Of New Instruments] – Michel Geiss
- Photography By – Helmut Newton
NotesWhite labels promo issue released with OBI and insert in Japanese.
A red labels regular issue was also released.
Recorded, on MCI-Studio Equipment, and mixed from January to August 1978.
Japan KI 7903
見本盤 [sample board]
非売品 [not for sale]
℗ 1978 Disques Dreyfus (a division of Francis Dreyfus Music)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: JASRAC
|FDM 83150||Jean Michel Jarre*||Equinoxe (LP, Album)||Disques Dreyfus||FDM 83150||France||1978|
|PD-1-6175, 2310 636||Jean Michel Jarre*||Equinoxe (LP, Album)||Polydor, Polydor||PD-1-6175, 2310 636||US||1978|
|LK 57384||Jean Michel Jarre*||Equinoxe (Cass, Album)||PGP RTB, Polydor||LK 57384||Yugoslavia||1978|
|DMC 2000||Jean Michel Jarre*||Equinoxe (Cass, Album, RE)||Disques Dreyfus||DMC 2000||France||Unknown|
|FDM 40.83150, FDM 40-83150||Jean Michel Jarre*||Equinoxe (Cass, Album)||Disques Dreyfus, Disques Dreyfus||FDM 40.83150, FDM 40-83150||France||1978|