100 Lovers is the sixth studio album from the band DeVotchKa. It was released by ANTI- Records on February 28, 2011. All lyrics and music by Nick Urata and DeVotchKa.
Album · 2011 · 12 Songs. Colorado gypsy folksters DeVotchKa are as ambitious as ever on 100 Lovers, an adventurous suite brimming with the kind of dreamy arrangements and dramatic flair with which the band built their name. String-laden numbers like The Alley construct an iridescent chamber of sounds for lead singer Nick Urata to sensually wail into, while accordion rockers like The Man from San Sebastian become all the more epic with the instrumental interludes between songs, making for a confident, masterful folk-rock saga. 100 Lovers DeVotchKa.
Album Name 100 Lovers. Released date March 2011. Music StyleFolk Rock. Members owning this album1. 2. All the Sand in All the Sea. 3. One Hundred Other Lovers. 5. The Man from San Sebastian.
100 Lovers, their latest, finds them shedding their remaining punk tendencies for a more ambitious, pop-driven streamlining of all the world sounds they've shown interest in up until now. Despite its knowing arrangements, it ends up feeling rootless. And 100 Lovers seems fit for the screen
Devotchka – 100 Lovers. Genre: Rock, Folk, World, & Country. Style: Alternative Rock, Indie Rock. Album Trailer. Firetrucks On The Boardwalk. 100 Other Lovers (Radio Mix). .
DeVotchKa s sound has proved particularly attractive to filmmakers, who have used DeVotchka songs to score countless films and commercials, most famously Little Miss Sunshine, for which they received a Grammy nod. With the release of the band's fifth album, 100 Lovers, the band returns to the epic settings of the Arizona desert with producer Craig Schumacher (Calexico, Neko Case) to create a new collection of haunting stories, with songs like The Man From San Sebastian delivering on their intriguing titles with enigmatic lyrics and cinematic soundscapes. Combining deft musicality with complex emotional shading and a cinematic sensibility, it's a furious sonic tumult that feels heartbreaking and timeless. Sample this album Artist (Sample).
This album has an average beat per minute of 112 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 96/154 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist 100 Lovers. BPM Profile 100 Lovers. Album starts at 102BPM, ends at 104BPM (+2), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by DeVotchKa. This Night Falls Forever.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||All The Sand In All The Sea|
|3||100 Other Lovers|
|4||The Common Good|
|5||The Man From San Sebastian
Violin [Solo] – Claude Sim
|7||Bad Luck Heels|
- Recorded At – Wavelab Studio
- Recorded At – Notably Fine Audio
- Recorded At – Immersive Studios
- Mastered At – Golden Mastering
- Bandoneon – Evan Orman
- Cello – Charles Lee, Elleanor Wells
- Choir – Acelyn Mcreardon, Eva Maeda, Leah Shaw, Miram Vonnahme, Sophia Maeda, Sophia Parnell, Thomas Maeda
- Design – Greg Carr, Salli Ratts
- Engineer – Chris Schultz, Colin Bricker, Craig Schumacher, Fen Ikner, Justin Peacock, Tyler Bender
- Percussion – Mauro Refosco
- Performer [Devotchka] – Jeanie Schroder, Nick Urata, Shawn King , Tom Hagerman
- Photography By – Gary Isaacs
- Producer – Craig Schumacher, Devotchka
- Recorded By – Albert Cohen* (tracks: 7, 8, 9, 10)
- Tenor Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone – Dan Sjogren
- Trumpet – Chris Barron, Derek Banach
- Viola – Lisa Jablonowski, Summer Rhodes
- Violin – Ilya Goldberg, Regan Kane, Takanori Sugishita*
- Violin [Additional], Viola [Additional] – Tom Hagerman
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8714092710328
- Label Code: LC02576
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
|87103-2||Devotchka||100 Lovers (CD, Album + DVD + Ltd)||Anti-||87103-2||US||2011|
|87103-1||Devotchka||100 Lovers (LP + CD, Album)||Anti-||87103-1||US||2011|
|87103-2||Devotchka||100 Lovers (CD, Album, Dig)||Anti-||87103-2||US||2011|