Vocals, Guitar, Percussion – Ian Astbury. Written-By – Duffy (tracks: 6), Goss (tracks: 2, 9, 10), Ian Astbury. Metaphysical Pistol contains spoken-word samples from 'Myth and Religion' and 'Democracy In Heaven' by philosopher Alan Watts. Tyger contains a sample of 'Countdown to Nowhere' composed & arranged by Manfred Hübler & Siegfried Schwab, and played by The Vampires' Sound Incorporation. P) 2000 Beggars Banquet Records Ltd (C) 2000 Beggars Banquet Records Ltd. Other Versions (5 of 12) View All. Cat.
The Witch (Slt Return) Lyrics. Ian Astbury Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963. RIFF’d: Nas’ ‘Nasir’. Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965.
Band Name Ian Astbury. Album Name Spirit, Light, Speed. Released date 20 June 2000. Labels Beggars Banquet. Members owning this album5. 2. High Time Amplifier. 4. Tonight (Illuminated). 5. Metaphysical Pistol.
SpiritLightSpeed is a studio album by The Cult's singer Ian Astbury. It was recorded in the late 1990s but sat unreleased until summer of 2000, when it was ultimately released to little fanfare. It included a re-recording of The Cult's song "The Witch". Back On Earth" - . 0. High Time Amplifier" - . 3. Devil's Mouth" - . 1. Tonight (Illuminated)" - . 7. Metaphysical Pistol" - . 6. The Witch (Slt Return)" - . 8. El Che, Wild Like a Horse" - . 9.
Spirit/Light/Speed is probably indistinguishable from what a Cult album would've sounded like circa 2000: rough and earthy, full of the mystic lyrics and extroverted performances that Astbury's been doing since early in the Cult's career
Ian /Speed (UK IMPORT) CD NEW Condition: Brand New. Time left: 6d 3h 38m. Ships to: Worldwide. Ian /Speed (UK IMPORT) CD NEW Condition: Brand New. Time left: 6d 3h 42m 28s. Ian Astbury - Spirit Light Speed JAPAN CD 2000 W/OBI MECI-25157 +1BONUS Condition: Good. Time left: 6d 14h 57m 5s.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Back On Earth||4:59|
|2||High Time Amplifier||4:20|
|6||The Witch (Slt Return)||4:58|
Drums – Scott Garrett
|8||El Ché/Wild Like A Horse||4:59|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Beggars Banquet Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Beggars Banquet Records Ltd.
- Published By – Momentum Music Ltd.
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Monkey Studios
- Mixed At – Monkey Studios
- Produced For – China Town Recordings
- Compiled By [Assisted By], Edited By [Assisted By], Producer [Post Production, Assisted By] – Steve Feldman
- Compiled By, Edited By, Producer [Post Production] – PK*
- Design, Illustration – Alyson Waller
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Backing Vocals, Synthesizer – Chris Goss
- Executive-Producer – Victor Murgatroyd
- Management [Ian Astbury Is Managed By, Assisted By] – Phil Goyette
- Management [Ian Astbury Is Managed By] – Carl Stubner
- Producer [Additional], Programmed By – Witchman
- Producer, Arranged By – Chris Goss, Ian Astbury
- Recorded By – Martin Schmelzle
- Strings – Novi Novog, Stefanie Fifie
- Vocals, Electric Guitar, Percussion – Ian Astbury
- Written-By – Duffy* (tracks: 6), Goss* (tracks: 2, 9, 10), Ian Astbury
Notes℗ 2000 Beggars Banquet Records Ltd.
© 2000 Beggars Banquet Records Ltd.
Made in England. Copyright in this sound recording is owned by Beggars Banquet Records Ltd.
"Metaphysical Pistol" contains spoken-word samples from 'Myth and Religion' and 'Democracy In Heaven' by philosopher Alan Watts, Electronic University Publishing.
"Tyger" contains a sample of "Countdown to Nowhere" composed & arranged by Manfred Hubler & Siegfried Schwab, published by Audio MV Waggershausen & Co and played by The Vampires Sound Incorporation.
Published by Momentum Music Ltd. except
tracks 2, 9 & 10 by Momentum Music Ltd. / Copyright Control
track 6 by Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
Executive producer ... for China Town Recordings.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 607618020828
- Barcode: 6 07618 02082 8
- Label Code: LC 05485
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored): nimbus D4444 BBQCD 208 :·1:2
- Mastering SID Code (Mirrored): IFPI L122
- Mould SID Code: ifpi 2303
|BBQLP 208||Ian Astbury||SpiritLightSpeed (LP, Album)||Beggars Banquet||BBQLP 208||UK||2000|
|none||Ian Astbury||Natural Born Guerilla (CDr, Promo, Car)||Labels, Beggars Banquet Records Ltd.||none||France||1999|
|BBQCD 208||Ian Astbury||SpiritLightSpeed (CD, Album)||Beggars Banquet, Playground Music Scandinavia||BBQCD 208||Germany||2000|
|BBQCD208||Ian Astbury||SpiritLightSpeed (CD, Album)||Guts Records , Beggars Banquet||BBQCD208||Taiwan||2000|
|219, 6568-2||Ian Astbury||SpiritLightSpeed (CD)||Beggars Banquet Records Ltd., Sum Records||219, 6568-2||Mexico||2000|